Things have been shit on the temporary servers we had to move to due to the lack of donations.
Sybil LTD ( http://sybil.li?ref=endchan
) has come to our rescue and offered us bigger VPS for free.
We've decided to simplify things and consolidate. We just finished this migration today, we had been working on it for a couple weeks now. We are now hosted in the EU on 4 core, 2.1ghz, 4gb of ram, 500gb SSD VPS
We now have a simpler config:
- no encrypted drives which means no need to wait for an admin to type in passwords for things to start automatically
- should have less power problems than our previous temporary servers
- no more frontend/backend servers, we now have one server and one server alone. This means:
- no more 5th of the month, bill isn't paid west frontend goes down
- no more Communication with Backend has gone down
We have removed i2p and eu access. We traded the EU VPS for this bigger one to run the entire site. Additionally, we're going to start forcing HTTPS. Also we're moving to block open proxies and botnets from posting.
We'll be upgrading LynxChan next.
5 posts and 1 image omitted.